March 2021 sales information is in, and residential property sales recorded for our region showed a little over double the number of sales transactions from the same time last year. This was not only due to strong March 2021 sales numbers but also the downturn in the Canadian real estate market during March 2020, which arose due to the beginning of the COVID-19 restrictions.
- Average price rose more than 40% since March 2020
- 1,325 residential units were sold in Simcoe County last month
- 58.3% increase from February 2021
- During the same time a year ago (February 2020 to March 2020), there was a 4.7% increase in the number of units sold
- Average price of residential units sold last month was $757,449 —a 1.6% increase from February 2021. This increase was more than the month-over-month change in average price a year ago which increased 0.7% from February to March 2020.
2021 real estate statistics are also available for condominium sales, and for these segmented communities within Simcoe County - Innisfil - Barrie - Essa - Orillia - just ask and we are happy to share these stats with you.
Our member realtors of Team Beauchesne are proud to be deemed essential service providers for Ontario. We are following strict COVID-19 health and safety protocols as we continue to work with our valued clients who buy and sell real estate in Barrie and the surrounding communities of Simcoe County, including transfers in and out of CFB Borden. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns about listing or buying property during this challenging time of COVID-19, we are happy to answer any questions you may have, and to discuss virtual, non-contact, and lower-risk options for conducting business.
If you have any questions about our current real estate market, we invite you to contact Diane Beauchesne, Realtor / Team Leader directly, or any member of Team Beauchesne. We are happy to help!
We hope you are staying safe and taking time to enjoy this long-awaited Spring weather that has finally arrived here in beautiful Simcoe County!
Diane Beauchesne, Realtor / Team Leader
(705) 734-5589 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jean Beauchesne, Realtor
(705) 321-5780 | email@example.com
Sarah Coppard, Realtor
(705) 791-4825 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Lori-Ann Seward, Realtor
(705) 220-3489 | email@example.com
Kimberly Rowntree, Client Care Manager
(705) 722-7100 x 3046 | firstname.lastname@example.org